Northern Brace/Northern Prosthetics
You have the right to:
1. Be treated with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
2. Every patient can reasonably expect complete and current information concerning his/hers diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in terms he/she can understand. When it is not
medically advisable to give the information to the patient, it may be made available to
the appropriate person on his/her behalf.
3. Every patient shall have the right to know by name and specialty, any staff and/or
the practitioner responsible for coordination of his/her care.
4. Receive quality orthotic or prosthetic services and equipment services to meet or
exceed professional and industry standards regardless of race, religion, political belief, sex
social status, age or disability.
5. Receive products and services from qualified personnel and receive instructions on self-
care, operation of products, and your responsibilities regarding orthotic and prosthetic
6. Privacy and confidentiality regarding information and records about his/her care
and may approve or refuse to release information to any individual outside
Northern Brace/Northern Prosthetics, Inc. except as provided by law or a third
party payment contract and in accordance with HIPAA privacy standards.
7. Participate in decision concerning the nature and purpose of any technical procedure
which will be performed and who will perform it, the possible alternatives and or risks
8. Be fully informed of Northern Brace/Northern Prosthetic’s policies, procedures, and
charges for services including criteria for third party reimbursement and receive an
explanation of all forms that are requested to be signed.
9. Know the cost of care and treatment and receive an explanation of his/her
financial responsibility upon request.
10. Express dissatisfaction and to suggest changes in any service without
discrimination, reprisal or unreasonable interruption of service.